Orca LiftORCA LIFT is a reduced transit fare program so you can get to where you need to go for less.

If you qualify, you can register a personal card that has the features every ORCA card has at almost half the cost to you.

Standard Adult Fare ORCA LIFT fare
Metro Transit $2.25-3 $1.50
Sound Transit $2-2.75 $1.50
Seattle Street-car $2.50 $1.50
King County Water Taxi $4.00-4.75 $3
Kitsap Transit $2.00 $1.00
Unlimited Monthly Pass $90 $54

Get the ORCA LIFT card

See if you qualify

Eligibility is based on household income. Use the table below to see if you meet the income guidelines.

ORCA LIFT card eligibility
Household Size Maximum Monthly Income to Qualify*
1 $2,010
2 $2,707
3 $3,403
4 $4,100
5 $4,797
6 $5,493
7 $6,190
8 $6,887
Add'l +697

*As of April 1st, 2017. Subject to change.

Find an enrollment location

Call the Help Me Grow Washington Hotline at 1-800-322-2588 or King County Metro Customer Service at 206-553-3000 to find your closest enrollment location. You will receive your ORCA LIFT card immediately after you register.

What to bring

  • Identification– Driver’s license (any state or county, photo ID from any state, county, or country, Armed services ID with photo, ID from any foreign consulate, Passport from any country, school photo ID, Tribal ID, US certificate of citizenship, naturalization (signature, photo) any other form of government issued ID issued by a government agency of any country.
  • If you do not have a government-issued photo ID, call Metro Customer Service or check King County Metro’s website for a list of acceptable documents.
  • Income verification– see below for ways to verify your income

Verifying your Income

If you are enrolled in Apple Health/Medicaid, Basic Food (Food Stamps), or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), you qualify for an ORCA LIFT card! We can easily confirm your eligibility online and sign you up. You do not need to bring any additional documentation to verify income.

Employment Income

  • Employed (with a paycheck): Paystubs for the last 30 days
  • Employed (paid in cash): Letter from employer signed and dated with gross income for the client for the last 30 days, or a bank statement if you deposit your cash in their account
  • Self-Employment: Copy of your most recent tax return. Income based on modified adjusted gross income on most recent tax return. Form 1040 line 37; Form 1040 A, line 21l Form 1040 EZ, line 4; or completion of the self-employment worksheet

Other Programs Used to Verify Income

  • Employment Security paystub or letter for applicants receiving unemployment benefits
  • Award letters for SSI, Social Security or Railroad Retirement recipients
  • L & I statement for workers’ compensation recipients

If you have no income

Employment Security verification form with ID can verify your income and your eligibility. Please call the Community Health Access Program at 1-800-756-5437 for more details.